- Added vibration support for the DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable settings
- Grid order has been randomised for first race in any online lobby
- Finishing positions in your last race now determine your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby.
- On-screen indicator has been added to show whether voice comms are issuing from TV or headset – As before, press and hold L1 (R1 if using control scheme 'B') to toggle headset output through TV or Headset.
- Sensitivity Settings for SIXAXIS™ Motion Sensor control have been added.
- Gloating Index' has been added to the Stats card – The Gloating index gives guidance as to a racer's online prowess. It takes into account the number of people you've beaten in each race and the number of people that have beaten you. Use the gloating index to spot the players to beat in each race! Try and rank your Gloating Index up to the perfect '10'!
- Several causes for an occasional snagging issue which would destroy vehicles on suspension impact have been addressed.
- Further fixes to prevent the occasional statistics reset issue have been applied.
- Fixed an occasional issue with inaccuracies in Eliminator finishing results.
- Fixed an issue where winners leaving Eliminator before race completed could cause issues for other players in lobby.
Turns out the deal was made for around £16 million, which equates to roughly $33 million. In addition to the deal, we've come to learn that, as is natural with development studios, they're hard at work on other titles. Evolution has undoubtedly started work on Motorstorm 2. We're just glad Sony brought these guys under their wing -- maybe their next installment will fix whatever was broken in the original.
- Motorstorm Coyote Revenge VIP Pass (£3.99)
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue trailer (Free)
- Lair Launch trailer (Free)
- Heavenly Sword Making-of episode 4 (Free)
- Heavenly Sword Anime episode 4 (Free)
- Coyote Revenge - mauled into a completely new experience; more technical, new routes and more skillful rivals to battle against
- New Tickets - to get the most out of Coyote Revenge try to master these Revenge Weekend tickets; they cover all difficulty stages and completion will earn a nice surprise.
- 2 New Vehicles - a pair of special Revenge Weekend machines, chosen for your delectation.
- Eliminator Mode - played online yet? In this brand new online multiplayer mode being last is a REALLY bad idea; if you can't hack the pace, the consequences can be quite explosive ...
- Vehicle Select enhancement – your last-used vehicle in each class will now be presented as the default choice during vehicle selection.
- Assigned player colours are now displayed in the lobby to make keeping track of your friends and rivals easier during online races and Eliminator matches.
- Further Player-Stat Improvements.
- Purchasers of 'Coyote Revenge' can now race this track in Online and Time Attack.
- Purchasers of Eliminator Mode will find results from this mode also contribute to their Fame Ranking.
- Track Exploits for Grizzly and Raingod Mesa have been addressed.
- Headset support – An occasional firewall conflict with headset communications has been resolved.
- Headset support – voice comms output now available exclusively through headset.
- Many other improvements and tweaks throughout the game.
id admits Motorstorm inspirations for Rage
We're intrigued by id's upcoming shooter -- if only because it's a huge departure for them. We're anxiously waiting for more.
The release of the new PS3 now puts North America back into the 'dual-sku' position that we we thought we had finally escaped from. At least this time around, we have two fantastic options as opposed to one fantastic option and a crappy gimped option. Plus, considering the 60GB PS3 has a limited life-span we can expect to go back to $599 single-SKU in the future. Hopefully, Sony will listen to their consumers and realize that as much as we like a single-SKUs, we also like $499 PS3s.
Full Press Release after jump.
The new PS3 start shipping out tomorrow, though EBGames does warn of a 1-2 day turnaround time for initial deliveries so expect some delays. Anybody actually interested in getting this? Or are you all waiting for the expected price drop as well?
While it is interesting that Sony is moving back to two SKUs, the new $599 package doesn't sound particularly enticing. Motorstorm is a fantastic game and the extra 20 GB is nice, but paying an extra $100 for it seems a bit expensive. How does it tickle your fancy?
[Thanks Myke C!]
What this means for PS3 owners is that our version of Rally Revo will actually arrive on-time and with solid performance, something a bit of a rarity recently. According to GamePro, "the PS3 version had no visible "jaggies"...and believe us, we looked for them."
Between this, the just-released MotorStorm add-ons, and the upcoming DiRT, it seems like a good year to be an off-road enthusiast on the PS3. Which mud-flinger are you most excited for? You sticking with the classic MotorStorm madness or upgrading to some sexy DiRT and/or Rally Revo?
- Motorstorm Time Attack (free): Remember to update your game to version 1.2 before downloading this free expansion!
- Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99)
- Coolboarders ($5.99)
- The Heartbreak Kid movie trailer (free)
Are you ready for this? We feel like, for the first time, we are relaying some good news to all the Europeans out there. Read on to see what your PSN Store now contains.
- Rampart game (£1.99)
- Joust game (£1.99)
- Motorstorm Time Attack Mode (free)
- Lair trailer (free)
- Haze trailer (free)
- Super Stardust HD trailer (free)
- The Darkness story trailer (free)
- An interview with Paul Hollywood video (free)
But what of the Motorstorm Time Attack Mode? We only just got done telling you that it has been delayed, which it has. In America, at least. For those of you about to download it, take heed. There are reports of problems occuring unless you do things in the proper order. Load Motorstorm and update to version 1.2 in the online menu, then download the Time Attack Mode and install.
Motorstorm patch delayed; Sony bummed
We told you it was due out today, and as far as we knew we were telling the truth. Unfortunately there's been a hiccup with the upcoming Motorstorm patch. Felice Standifer, the Senior US Producer for Motorstorm, has updated the Playstation.Blog to say that there's a bug that could prevent connection with the PlayStation Network. Not something that would be very popular in an update containing a new Time Attack mode, which allows the up- and downloading of time "ghosts" to race against.
Needless to say, Sony are bummed that they haven't been able to deliver the patch on time. We're asked to bear with them until the product is fully ready, which is fine by us. We know it's a cliche but we would much rather wait for all the kinks to be removed than to be given a broken patch.
- Calling All Cars - 22nd of June (£4.99)
- Super Stardust HD - 29th of June (£4.99)
Looks like Sony are finally pulling their finger out with their PSN releases. Let's just hope it continues beyond the end of June.
Sony nominated: best new IP, innovation, publishing hero
- For Creativity, Evolution Studios' MotorStorm got a nomination.
- For Visual Arts, both Evolution Studios' MotorStorm and SCEE Studio Liverpool's F1 Championship Edition got nominations.
- Sony itself got nominated for being a "Publishing Hero" which we will assume means they have some kind of special power of publishing. Heroes are cool.
- F1 Championship Edition got mentioned for being among the best in the use of online capabilities.
- Super Rub-a-Dub got a mention for innovation, as well.
So, good job, Sony! Seems you've got a knack for making fun, innovative, and creative racing games. And floating duck games that get universally panned by critics, but secretly enjoyed by some. With these credentials tucked under their belt, will Sony have an equally praised performance at E3 next month? We'll have to wait and see, but don't be surprised if some new games show up as winners in categories much like these.
GameSpot's MotorStorm tournament finale today at 7:00 PM EST
Personally, I'll be watching and taking notes. I need some help clearing those last tickets in MotorStorm - the AI is just plain evil!
Next Page >