- SIXAXIS support - "Wipeout HD provides full support of the SIXAXIS wireless controller." Tilt-ready racing, perhaps?
- Mag-Strips - From the upcoming Wipeout Pulse game on PSP, this feature allows players to defy gravity through tracks that feature loops, vertical drops, and 90 degree sections.
- Teams - Like any Wipeout game, this iteration features eight teams from Wipeout Pulse.
- Seven Race Modes, including Zone - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone Mode, Elimination and Head-2-Head. Zone Mode, from Wipeout Pure, will make your craft go progressively faster throughout a race until your ship explodes. It's one of the best additions to the franchise in recent memory.
- Three New Weapons - The Repulser, Shuriken and Leach Beam.
- Photo Mode - Like Wipeout Pulse, players will be able to take screenshots from within the game.
- 8 Eight Player Online Multiplayer - With "Team vs Team" mode, which allows teams of two to compete in larger races.
- Community Website - Lets players create their own profiles and see stats and data for other players.
- Downloadable Content - The game will continue to expand through more downloadable packs.
- Music - Nine fully-licensed music tracks, remixed in 5.1.
TGS07: The new (and old) features of Wipeout HD
Reader Comments(Page 1)
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use