Announcing Aisledash: a blissful blog about weddings | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

Warhawk gets some box art, retail-specific features

What you are looking at right there is the official WarHawk boxart you will see on retail shelves in a few months. IGN got dibs on the glorious cover, but we're not bitter. We still get to see it, after all. In addition to unveiling the art, we've gathered up all the details we currently know about what will be specific for the retail version of the game. Don't ask about prices, though, because we aren't sure. We'd guess the retail version will stay at the relative price of other PS3 titles, with the downloadable version about two-thirds of that price ($59.99 vs. $39.99 in the US).

If you take the plunge and buy the retail version, you'll get a headset bundled in the package as well as a bunch of bonus stuff on the Blu-ray disc itself, like behind-the-scenes documentaries and other such things. What's good to notice on the boxart, in addition to knowing these details, is the mention of splitscreen play (under the Multiplayer Only tag). For too long have next-gen games touted online gaming as the crux of their entertainment value, but they forgot people have real friends too and they want to play. WarHawk will apparently address this and we're glad that's finally completely confirmed.

1. ya, that no 2 player thing in motorstorm is what killed it for me... playing online is fun... but playing with friends offline is much better... shit talkin is more fun this way :)

Posted at 6:15AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by WaSSaBi

2. I am really looking forward to this game! the split-screen join anytime feature is awesome as well =P

Posted at 6:54AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by dantad

3. The beta is sick!Cant wait for the real thing.

Posted at 7:02AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Wormmm

4. I love the beta of this game, (even though I suck) so I definately will be picking up the full version. Split screen doesn't interest me as I've always hated playing anything splitscreen, but I give kudos to the developers for adding it on for those who enjoy it.

Posted at 8:13AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Raycer

5. I am so happy to see split-screen will be added. Because now I can go out and buy it. I am not the biggest fan of online gaming so it is nice to see I can play with my family.

Posted at 8:58AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Joe

6. Im still not sure if im going to go retail or psn. It would be nice to have the option to eBay the game after i get bored with it (thats what i did with RFoM and Motorstorm).

Posted at 9:14AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by humpty

7. "What's good to notice on the boxart, in addition to knowing these details, is the mention of splitscreen play (under the Multiplayer Only tag)."

Oops, sorry, guess we (people playing Warhawk) could have mentioned that before. Sorry.

Posted at 10:51AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Lee

8. I wonder if both versions will release simultaneously. If not, will there be any way to 'upgrade' from the PSN version to the retail version.

Posted at 11:08AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by GRT

9. http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270001

Thats the new bundle they have for a 8/28/07 release date

Posted at 11:11AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by MrSkip

10. oh my goodness..... IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! lol.. good game, i'll be picking it up soon... and i don't know about 59.99 by the way.. gamespot has it listed for $ 39.99 for the bluray version.. so we'll see

Posted at 11:17AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by BulletToothTony

11. "I wonder if both versions will release simultaneously. If not, will there be any way to 'upgrade' from the PSN version to the retail version."

Or the other way around. If I buy the Blu-Ray release for the extra stuff, can I install it to my hard drive or download a version from the PSN store to skip having to load up the BD every time I want my Warhawk fix? That would be wonderful.

Posted at 11:23AM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Lee

12. i can't wait for this game...hope it comes out before september...just so i can play it while its still my summer vaycay...anyways..imm kinda dissapointed that the bluetooth headset is a little cheap piece of junk...only if sony made their own...with the nice piano finish and ps logo and ps3 logo and made it look nice...that would have been cool

Posted at 12:14PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Franchise03

13. I've heard the $40 point for retail before, as well as $20 for the psn version. That would definitely be good, and would easily make this one hell of a value. I just don't know if people will accept $60 for an online only console title... how have sales of shadowrun been?
Anyway, this is a must-buy in whatever flavor you prefer, that much is for sure.

Posted at 12:55PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by mccomber

14. Is the 2 player splitscreen also online only, or can I be offline while I play splitcreen witha friend?

Posted at 1:21PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Jack

15. Most of my friends don't like war type games they prefer racing. Which puts me at a disadvantage.

I really want a mic for Motorstorm so I will probably just wait and get the retail version.

Posted at 1:31PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Andy

16. "Is the 2 player splitscreen also online only, or can I be offline while I play splitcreen witha friend?"

I know you can set up a game where it would be just you and whoever else is currently on your ps3, essentially making it offline. Actually, when I first started playing I setup a couple games where I could just play solo, trying to get the hang of the sixaxis controls that give you a definite advantage in the warhawk, once you get used to them. Hopefully the full game will have some sort of training modes, even if it doesn't have a full solo campaign.
Also, I haven't tried this myself, but I'm pretty sure that much like Resistance you can have up to 4 people on the same ps3 at once in split-screen.

Posted at 1:57PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by mccomber

17. Its going to suck for people who didn't get the beta trying to get use to the controls.

I just hope people do their homework and only buy this game if they have PSN.

Posted at 2:06PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Andy

18. "At the top of the box art it says Multiplayer Only. Which could mean there is an offline mode as well."

Posted at 2:06PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Andy

Ummm. Yeah.

and at the side of the box is says Playstation 3. Which could mean that there might be a Sega Saturn version on there as well.

Posted at 2:13PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Trina

19. Trina's Mean LOL. I hope there's an offline mode regardless.

Posted at 2:19PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Jack

20. Hey,,,it could be true. I mean Resistance has an offline multiplayer mode in it. Its just speculation.

The SCE logo needs to be updated, it is so ugly its not even funny. I looks like a piece of toast with honey on it.

Really sharp looking box art. Has anyone here played the original Warhawk? I think I wanna try it just for kicks.

Posted at 2:22PM on Jun 23rd 2007 by Andy