Aisledash: the new daily resource for getting married right | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

Haze confirmed as a timed exclusive for the PS3 - a one week exclusive [UPDATE]

Ubisoft has just dated their major fall-winter releases and by doing so confirmed that Haze is indeed a timed exclusive on Sony's sexy black console. Lucky PlayStation 3 owners will be able to play Haze a full week before PC and 360 owners. We're getting it on November 23rd while everybody else has to wait until November 30th (suckers). Ubisoft also dated the Assassin's Creed, which comes out a couple weeks before Haze on November 9th.

Looks like a good month for PlayStation 3 owners, and I'm sure the timed-exclusive aspect of Haze will drive a ton of sales towards the PS3. The game looks amazing and who really wants to wait a whole week?

[UPDATE] Ubisoft has clarified with Eurogamer that the Haze release date was listed wrongly. The game is still yet to be confirmed for Xbox 360 and PC. The PS3 release date, however, is not wrong. Haze will be with us on the 23rd of November.

1. Weird. Obviously this will zero effect on any console or PC sales, so what's the point? This must be Ubisoft wiggling out of some exclusivity deal they made with Sony.

Posted at 2:21AM on Jun 20th 2007 by TK00

2. It would be sad if there was some kind of exclusive deal between the PS3 and Haze. One week really isn't going to make much differance. I'm not complaining though, it looks like a fun game and it's cool that everyone will get to play it. I hope PS3, X-Box and PC user will all enjoy it!

... the one week exclusive just seems funny, why bother to even say exclusive. : D

Posted at 2:30AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Asher

3. Good month for the PS3? How is it any different for the 360?

Posted at 3:31AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Malik

4. One week is fucking sad. And that -isn't- a timed exclusive.

Posted at 3:35AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Magma

5. This is just so laudible. It's like the above poster said. Seems like they're keeping up some promise to Sony. Here's what could save this (what I want):

The best performance on PS3 compared to 360 and PC because it was made for the PS3
Utilization of the hard drive for caching as well as Blu-ray's capacity
Content for PS3. Non-exclusive is fine as well, just not something silly like GTA4's.

Posted at 3:38AM on Jun 20th 2007 by SuperGayParade

6. I agree... One week is not going to make any differance and I highly doubt that it would prompt anyone to buy the ps3 over the xbox. Exclusive PS3 titles is the only way to go... non of this 'timed exclusive' crap. Seriously!

Its Kingdom Hearts that will turn the tides for PS3! Mark my words!

Posted at 3:38AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Hanna

7. November 9 is my bday : )

DAMNIT I DONT HAVE A PS3 OR 360.

Posted at 4:26AM on Jun 20th 2007 by muppetmeth

8. The only site I ever hear talk about haze is this one, and even then it was only ever about it maybe being exclusive. I look forward to hearing reviews of the game. I swear the whole premise of the game is just like one of the Oblivion missions plus guns.

Posted at 4:34AM on Jun 20th 2007 by BlackBeltJones

9. We should be REJOICING!!! Finally, a HUGE timed exclusive. This is going to turn the tide definitely. Finally, we can say, "Suck it, xbots. Suck it." And show them what 168 exclusive hours feels like.

Posted at 5:21AM on Jun 20th 2007 by adamantypants

10. Are there any PS3-exclusive titles for this holiday season? Right now, it feels like the PS3 is only getting multi-platform titles. Multi-platform titles don't sell consoles.

Posted at 7:54AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Wii360dsPC

11. probably because the distribution of the Blue-Ray version is the fastest one because they don't have to make that many copies.

Posted at 8:15AM on Jun 20th 2007 by VPT

12. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ROFLMAO

I can see it now.... Man I have to get HAZE now.... better go buy a PS3 cause I cant wait a week.

I truly am sorry guys.... I know it must be hard to be ps3fanboy... these past couple weeks have been brutal to you...
-Lost Beautiful kamitri
-360 gets exclusive content for GTA4
-Haze not so timed exclusive
-blu ray discs rotting
-I'm sure theres some stuff I'm missing, but I've made my point

Posted at 8:22AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Darko

13. 7days omfg i dunno if i can wait that long i mean thats like 168hours!! 10080mins! 604800secs!!!

Well i spose we can sit and count are 2p collections for the immense lineup of games that are coming out around this time tbh i dunno if i can afford this one mite have it after i completed halo3 + gta iv 2008 sounds gud.

Posted at 8:28AM on Jun 20th 2007 by cookiez

14. embarassing .. i guess sony is probably thinking lets save some cash for that inevitable price drop .. OR they are figuring out who is loyal and how.

Posted at 8:31AM on Jun 20th 2007 by WhackMushroom

15. Darko ... the blu-ray rotting thing is typical fire stuff .. this happens across all media .. bad polymer mix ;) basically a quality control issue.

There are ways to spin everything in a positive light though .. i may be streching but here goes:

1. So if typical XBL tenants apply .. we will get a mini game and have to buy stages ;)

2. Blu-ray fits alot more .. expect some news this E3.

3. Ummm...read my previous comment

4. above

5. Failure Rate ;)

Posted at 8:31AM on Jun 20th 2007 by WhackMushroom

16. I've had my 360 from launch and its never crashed on me once!

My point was that the ps3 just isn't doing so hot, and shit like this just goes to show it. I really don't have any desire to buy a PS3 until mid to late 2008 at this point and only if it costs 400-500 bucks for an 80 gb version that isn't the size of Montana.

As for blu ray sony can lick my balls for creating another format war... Im not buying either until there is a clear winner

Posted at 8:46AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Darko

17. I think someone needs to re-read the article this came from. They made an update note at the top stating that the release date for the PC/360 is TBA. They also removed the entry for Haze (PC/360) from the list. I imagine that date was from an old list that was carried over when sent out to the media.

Posted at 9:01AM on Jun 20th 2007 by ShadowHawk01

18. Sure its only a week. As a wise man said over at Joystiq, there will only be the PS3 version available during the hell that is BLACK FRIDAY.
It is only a week, but the 360 will miss out on arguably the biggest shopping day of the year.

Posted at 9:25AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Matt B

19. @darko:

I normally don't feed trolls, but Blu-Ray has already won. Blockbuster is giving it full support, there's a 3:1 attach rate and sales boost over HD-DVD, all the major studios with the exception of Universal (who is about to turn) support it already.

The only losers in this HD format war are people and companies that bet on HD-DVD. It's already dead, the fat lady has sung, Microsoft picked the wrong horse.

Someone already addressed the bad batch of BR discs and Sony themselves, through their official blog, said that the manufacturer of the bad discs are replacing them free of charge. I think it was one lot of a single movie that pinholed due to poor QC.

Just stop trolling. I know you must have alot of free time with the Red Ring of Doom keeping you company (one ring to bind them lol) but honestly, before you even consider dogging something, learn about it first.

Posted at 9:56AM on Jun 20th 2007 by Popfrogs

20. Much better. i'd've been mad if that one week thing stood.

Posted at 10:05AM on Jun 20th 2007 by EvoAnubis