PS3 has made [email protected] #1 globally
Two million CPU's have contributed to the project. Don't you guys feel like part of something great? A community who has only decided to give and give and give to a project that might save lives? We've done a great thing and we should continue to do what we're doing (especially if you're part of the PS3 Fanboy folding team), because who knows how much street cred the PS3 will get when it happens upon a cure for some kind of disease.
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. I fold for engadget. but we are all in for the same goal, to cure cancer. so yeah, Yay for [email protected]
I wonder how long this will take, and what we can do after this. I wouldn't mind foding for whoever if I get some free-stuff out of it. :)
Posted at 8:30AM on May 12th 2007 by kingofwale
3. Starnos: With my PS3, I can play games, and help science when I sleep. Maybe you're just mad because you can ONLY play games with your console, and likely hope it will have enough time to cool off during the night so you can play again the next day?
I'm happy with my PS3... I guess if you have so much time to troll PS3 web site and news about the PS3 folding, you must be bored to death, or your console is at the shop....
Happy folding all. Let's get that PetaFlop mark soon.
Posted at 11:57AM on May 12th 2007 by Real Gambler
4. Sony should be proud. All those consoles they sold at a loss are not being used for games or movies.
Posted at 6:59PM on May 12th 2007 by a2
5. ...and proud will be just how you are feeling for the PS3 if you are a 'one in three' that gets Cancer during their life.
Posted at 10:56AM on May 13th 2007 by matlock
6. Ah, the CBE in the PS3. Many will benefit from this amazing chip. PS3 gamers can now share the power that the CBE brings beyond gaming and apply it, painlessly to a great cause. Truly a great time to be a gamer and give back so much for so little effort.
Posted at 11:38AM on May 13th 2007 by oldest gamer
7. I've got my PS3 set to autostart Folding whenever it's idle for more than 10 minutes. I watch my movies and play games normally, and let it fold when I'm not.
Unlike my Xbox 360, I'm not terrified to leave my PS3 on for extended periods. I'd love to see the 360 added to the "Fold" if you will, but the idea of leaving it on for an entire work unit brings visions of red rings.
Posted at 1:39PM on May 14th 2007 by Zoinks
1. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
Cue the anti-hype people!
Posted at 6:47PM on May 11th 2007 by Andir3.0