Aisledash: Everything you need to know about the best day of your life | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

Colin McRae DiRT screenshots are DiRRRTy

Yes, yes, the screenshots you are seeing are indeed from the PC version of the upcoming off-road title Colin McRae: DiRT, but that does not change the fact they're probably the same on the PS3 and the 360. What else can we say? It seems like a fun, rally car racing dirty adventure through the badlands of Nowheresville.

Games with cars are fun, but... how many of these will we see this year? We're not hating on any particular racing/driving game, but they seem to clog up new consoles like nobody's business! Maybe it's just the PS3, and that's fine, but it makes us bring up the inevitable comparison: where does your racing game loyalty lie? Are you a driving sim person, a la Gran Turismo, or are you a crazy off-road maniac and enjoy your life with a splash of mud like in MotorStorm? Street racing may be your bag, too, with all those Need for Speed titles out there. What's your poison?

1. personally i prefer sim racing games, but i still enjoy playing nfs or ridge racer on occasion just so i don't have to worry about being perfect. there's no game that can replace gran turismo for me although i'm really excited about this new colin mcrae game

Posted at 12:28PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by Will

2. Honestly I think this game will be what I was hoping Motorstorm would have been, a fun rally racer with numerous modes, races, vehicles. I'll pick it up for 360 for sure.

Also love GT, but may give Forza 2 a look when it comes out.

Posted at 12:44PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by oo7ev

3. I pretty much live for racing games, which is another reason I like the ps3 so much. Love the sims, also love the good arcade ones (Burnout Dominator is surprisingly good, return to 'grass-roots' arcade racing. Outrun 2006 was also in this vein, can't wait for any GT and looking forward to Motorstorm... of course, the download of GT is barely enough to tide me over, right now, but with all these great titles, I'll have plenty to tide me over.

Posted at 12:49PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by John

4. I like arcady unrealistic fantasy games, like the star wars racing or any game with weapons.

Posted at 1:04PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by SKI

5. Yeah, like these other guys, I like most kinds of racing games. I am minly only into sim racers with a really awesome wheel.

Currently have Motor Storm and Grip Shift (downloaded through PSN). Prolly get GT5 when it comes out, but I may not unless I get a wheel for it.

But to properly answer the question. I think there is alot of racing games out for the PS3 right now, but I know that will change as the console matures.

- K

Posted at 1:10PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by Kiteless

6. Have any of you ever played Colin McRae rally games... comparisons to Gran Turismo & MotoStorm... are you serious??

Posted at 1:34PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by Neftali

7. @Neftali

The comparisons of all these games, which I've all played, only mean that they are all great racing games, with their own style and approach. When I first saw Motorstorm (E3 2005), I imagined numerous types of modes and then it ended up with a very small number of tracks and 1 (ONE) play mode. I'm sure Sony will flesh it out with DC, but Dirt looks to be a more complete package out of the box. And GT games will always be on the other side with epic tasks and race most never complete.

Posted at 2:13PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by oo7ev

8. I always enjoyed the Gran Turismo series, but anymore it just doesn't hold my attention; the fun isn't in the racing anymore, and being in anything but first usually gets boring quickly because there is hardly ever a tight pack of cars battling it out. The GTHD demo, while great and beautiful, just bores me with it's single car time attack mode. I want to be in the middle of a group of cars slamming doors and trying to knock each other out. Looking forward to the next-gen Burnout entries...
That's what I love about Motorstorm, whatever place you are in you feel like you're in the middle of a pretty epic race, and sometimes it doesn't matter what place you find yourself rolling along in because you're so caught up in the spectacle of what's going on around you. It's one of the few racers I've played in a while where being in first isn't nearly as entertaining as staying somewhere around the middle. I think that much like the Burnout series, it's going to be a classic and spawn some great sequels.

Posted at 10:18PM on Apr 2nd 2007 by mccomber

9. I like the gameplay of Motorstorm, its something fun and different to what everyone has come to expect from a racing game, Gran Turismo is in a class of its own in the world of racing games.

I like Rally games but I dont like this game, Colin McRae Rally games are about the World Rally Champs, not some rallycross game that trys to steal Motorstorms gameplay and 1Up it.

They should go back to what made Colin McRae 1 Great instead of this

Motorstorm does need DC but not before a patch adds what is missing from the game at the moment: Single Races/Custom Races and removal of the terrible loading times

It would be good to see Evolution put out another WRC game for PlayStation 3, Anyone know what they are working on at the moment?

Posted at 12:28AM on Apr 3rd 2007 by sam-evans