Announcing Aisledash: a blissful blog about weddings | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

Sony launches CONSOUL magazine

CONSOLEIf you liked the bed-jumping chick from Sony's recent "This is Living" ad, then you'll probably love Sony's new PlayStation themed CONSOUL magazine.

Sony's Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland, Uwe Bassendowski, took some time away from launching the new magazine in Germany, Austria and Switzerland to describe his new marketing tool: "The PlayStation brand will be shaped with PS3 as high definition home entertainment. With CONSOUL we look directly at the lifestyle of our customers. We address all, the fun of new emerging gadgets, the digital life of the internet, and naturally our outstanding games and films."

The magazine also promises to push the boundaries of good-taste.

[Via ThreeSpeech]

1. --Provided all the games are for Sony's machine.
Jeez i didn't think they'd have to stoop down to titty's to sell a video game console. Heres a tip, Please put out some games that don't suck.

Posted at 9:16PM on Mar 16th 2007 by XxThE-HeReTiCxX

2. Here's another tip:

Put some games that aren't shooters on 360.

Posted at 9:26PM on Mar 16th 2007 by bootsielon

3. Home looks great! I love my PS3 (VF fangirl), it runs Yellow Dog well! I hope this magazine shows how you can rip Blu-Ray movies soon. ;)

Posted at 10:52PM on Mar 16th 2007 by Linuxgrrl

4. yo mcnotveryfly

go jackoff to a masterchief poster. alot of those games are not that great and most of them are coming to the ps3. halo blows. oh and heres another tip dont forget to pay the shipping when u gotta send ur 360 back to texas. what good is having all these great games when your system is always in the repair shop

Posted at 11:45PM on Mar 16th 2007 by Eric Thomas Soto

5. i swear 360 fanboys are the biggest assholes.

Posted at 11:51PM on Mar 16th 2007 by ETS

6. http://bootsielon.justgotowned.com/

@Eric Thomas Soto-

Better cool down...your console penis envy is rearing it's ugly head...no pun intended.

Posted at 11:54PM on Mar 16th 2007 by WebMaster

7. @webmaster

oh great here comes the gay 360 fanboy. christ will you guys ever grow up. its funny how again ur system is so good (which i admit it is) but you have alot of time to post on various forums on ps3 related websites about how much better the 360 is. my ps3 does exactly what i want it 2 and it will get better as time goes on. if u cant afford then thats ur problem. and just like in real life. u have a white one with a giant tumor( the power brick for u idiots)and i have a nice big black one

Posted at 12:01AM on Mar 17th 2007 by ETS

8. My, my, my....the phallic symbolism here is rampant.

Let's delve into that "grow up" comment, shall we?

"go jackoff to a masterchief poster"
Words of experience speaking out here?

"alot of those games are not that great"
Translation: *snif* I wish I had some good games to play.

"most of them are coming to the ps3"
What????? But, I thought alot of those games are not that great?

"halo blows"
Standard fanboy tripe

"here comes the gay 360 fanboy"
More fanboy tripe

"my ps3 does exactly what i want it 2 and it will get better as time goes on"
Translation: It keeps my homework from blowing away, and eventually I'll have some games to play.

"and just like in real life. u have a white one with a giant tumor( the power brick for u idiots)and i have a nice big black one"

And my reply to this one is in the spirit of the phallicism being practiced here:

I wouldn't touch this comment with a 10' pole. That would be considered playing with myself.

Come on man, they're just video game consoles, not your best friend, wife, boyfriend, significant other, etc. Lighten up. :)

Posted at 12:22AM on Mar 17th 2007 by WebMaster

9. @WebMaster

Your my new best friend lol. and btw im not a ps3 fanboy. as i admitted in an earlier post i like the 360. i just hate the way people keep bashing the ps3 without giving it a chance.

Posted at 12:27AM on Mar 17th 2007 by ETS

10. @ ETS

LOL. I just try to inject humor when ever I can, makes the time float by faster; besides, I lmao when writing replies like the previous one. :) I actually like both consoles, but like you, I hate to see fanboyism running rampant against either console.

Posted at 12:33AM on Mar 17th 2007 by WebMaster

11. Not to add to the fire, but Halo has NEVER done anything for me. Add that to the fact that I hope Microsoft burns in Hell, Sony has never done wrong by _ME_ (not sure about your experiences), and the Wii just doesn't keep my attention for more than 15 minutes at a spurt (likewise my DS) and that places me in a spot to be a PS3 fan. I even went out tonight and got a PSP to play with one of my friends in another state when I found out it was possible. Sony, well maybe not the marketing department, has done well by me so far and I'm glad the PS3 is picking up steam and Sony has dedicated manpower to bringing the PSN up to speed.

What you 360 fans get form coming here still boggles my mind. If it's pure Sony hate, I'm still confused because no matter what transpires, I'm in no way interested in spending one minute of my time in the 360 Fanboy blog. I'd give up gaming before that happens.

Posted at 1:49AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Andir3.0

12. form/from... whatever, it's late and I'm tired.

Posted at 1:51AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Andir3.0

13. @ George

Im not trying to start anything. In fact I just reacted (and yes i know i was rash) because im tired of the fanboy crap (even though i know i totally sounded like one myself up there). ive been reading all the same bullshit day after day and this seems to be the only place where i sounded like an idiot but there are actually people in here who are fed up with the same crap. i just dont understand y we cant all just get along. Disregard all that bs I said up there. Being tired + commenting on ps3fanboy do not mix.

Posted at 1:54AM on Mar 17th 2007 by ETS

14. #2, yea the fact that she's probably taking a piss is doing it for me. I'm such a sucker, if I (still) lived in Austria I'd probably buy that mag.

Posted at 2:08AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Arno

15. Eric Thomas Soto
I count 9 360 exclusives in a list of 17 games. If you count the 3 he lists at the end of his post, you get 11 360 exclusives from a group of 20. So, no most of the games he listed are not coming to the ps3.
Honestly, Sony doesnt need a magazine or a price drop, They need games. The reason the ps3 is selling like crap is because it has so few games, and of that few all but a handful of ps3 games have a better versions(smoother frame rates, 2xaa, online features) on the 360. That's not seeing the world through fanboy glasses, that's reality.
Personally, since i tired of playing motorstorm, my ps3 only comes on to play movies, and im not the only one. Dedicated blu ray players are still being outsold by HD DVD players, but blu ray movies are outselling HD DVDs 2:1. Couple that with the medicore selling of ps3 software, and its pretty clear that most ps3s are playing movies and not games.

Posted at 2:16AM on Mar 17th 2007 by frankiEfalconE

Tekken 6
FF13
FF13 versus
Resistance
Motorstorm
Tekken 5 DR
Unreal Tournament 3 (also on 360)
Heavenly Sword
God of War 3
GTA 4 (also on 360)
Virtua Fighter 5 (on PS3 right now)
Monster hunter 3
Eye of Judgement
LittleBigPlanet
Devil May Cry 4
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 5 (also on 360)
LA Noire
Gran Turismo HD
Wipeout PS3
Singstar
Home

and this is to name only a few. Your 360 line up doesn't look so great when the PS3 titles are listed. So please don't try and brag about the 360 software lineup because it is nothing compared to what the PS3 has going for it. Yes Halo 3 is nice, but its the same old halo. The ps3 has the hardware and the software to win this war. Its up to Sony to pull it off. But on paper, the PS3 wins hands down. I hate it when people say PS3 has no games. 360 had no games for awhile after it came out. This list proves my argument.

Posted at 2:40AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Xiru

17. @kyle and others,

Why do you feel the need to defend a system that isn't putting money in your pocket? (or is it?) Seriously. How sad of a life does it take to defend a game console? Are you afraid of the PS3? If not, why do you feel the need to compare it to the 360? What motivation do you have to help Microsoft sell their system for free, out of the kindness of your heart? If the PS3 is doing so badly, wouldn't you feel comfortable enough that your purchase is in the lead? (I'm not sure if it is or not at this time simply because sales numbers don't mean jack squat to me.) The excuse of "debunking" rumors to help people make informed decisions completely falls in the hands of Microsoft/Sony on this one. Why should the fan base be fighting it out in each respective Blog? Are you that much of a rabid fanboy that you can't stand to see your Console in any place but number 1 or are you in fact paid to come here and defend it? Those are the only two motivations that even make sense. Nobody goes out of their way to do what you guys do without some form of motivation. Period. World Peace is obviously not in your list of objectives since simply being here and posting raises the anger level of the room. The free market will determine a winner based on sales, revenue, cost, etc. Where's the motivation for you to try to change that (goodly or badly)?

None of this makes sense. At all.

Posted at 2:42AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Andir3.0

18. Also, I do agree that 360 is not all shooters. It is a good system so don't think i'm bashing it. We all just end up at the same crappy arguments. Just trying to state my position. I should have worded the post with less biased but I do love my ps3. Sorry guys. Take my post for what its worth and don't read too much into it. Was a bit angered when I posted it. :) I enjoy both PS3 and 360.

Posted at 2:47AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Xiru

19. Andir3.0
Usually its the PS fanboys that bring up the 360.(I think it was boots that did it in this post.) Anyway,I post because i like to argue, and for the record, I dont give a damn who sells the most units, as long as new games are produced for my favorite console(x360). Why? because typical of most xbox fanboys, i like shooters and open world games, which tend to play better on the 360 due to the offset analog thumbsticks.

Posted at 3:33AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Bangbang...

20. Xiru
How about we lay all the fanboy b/s aside and let the numbers talk.

Posted at 3:36AM on Mar 17th 2007 by Bangbang...