GreenDaily: Because nature can't wait until tomorrow.

Whoops, print your own Eye of Judgment cards

What kind of devilry is this? Even with a cheap $60 Canon printer, you too can print your own cards for use in Eye of Judgment. This potentially game-destroying trick will let you scan rare cards, share them on the web, and simply print them out to add to your collection. We don't think Hasbro is going to be too happy about this.

Will Sony come up with some kind of anti-cheat measure for this? Thankfully, we're pretty sure that the really dedicated collectors won't resort to such ... deceit.

21. Did I not say this the other day?
I cant beleive SONY didnt think of this before.

Posted at 3:24AM on Oct 26th 2007 by PJ

22. There will always be some douche that has to cheat in a game because their self-esteem is that low in real life that beating people in Eye of Judgement will fufill that worthlessness void. Bravo, your too cool. I would invest in this if more friends would consistantly play it than wasting money on cards to play online just so some nab with a low res photocopy can cheat. It is a matter of time before high res cards end up on the net free for all to download. Lame.

Posted at 4:20AM on Oct 26th 2007 by TCampbell76

23. Hey, that's a discovery: you guys figured out how to use a color copier! Btw, what's the difference between regular cards and the those used in EoJ?

Posted at 5:22AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Mutsch

24. You just need a time inteval screenshot sending to the rival, so he can see the cards are legit. Anyways, rule made, rule cheated, there's no way to prevent it. It's up to the user. Although if you see there's smeone using such cards, they should add an ignore feature and report.

So you can either ignore him so you dont have to play again against him, or just with a big stack of reports, he could get banned.

I still dont get how they didnt print a sticker kinda like the original VHS disney movies. Those that flash in different colors when exposed to light. They wouldnt be able to scan that kind of feature, and would get caught with a simple interval movie.

It's one of those games you would only play wi th people you know. Wait, thats what happens in real life card games.

Posted at 6:04AM on Oct 26th 2007 by blitzcloud

25. This is a non-issue. As other has mentioned you could do this 'trick'with every collectable card game ever made. EoJ is no different. I played Magic the Gathering a lot and I never ever met someone who had bothered photocopying cards to play with. I think the people who do that would simply not get into a collectible card games in the first place or at least tire quickly of them. Also putting together good decks is not necessarily about rare cards, but about figuring out clever ways to get synergy effects out of cards.

Posted at 6:17AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Christian

26. Hey guys,

Those of you who have the game, can I ask a question? Did anyone have a problem registering their deck online with the Eye? When I had to confirm multiple cards from the starter deck, such as 2 Beguiling Frogs, it wouldn't recognize both, and so I couldn't finishing registering the deck. I also was tried to add some cards from the booster to the starter and I couldn't get it recognize my new deck with a mixture of cards.

Posted at 8:56AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Michael

27. 1- Did somebody made a copy of any cards in the booster deck? So far, I've seen this done only with the demo card given away during shows.

2- I'll take anybody who has a 30 cards deck packed with rares and ultra rares anytime. A sure win for me! Most of these cards need 8 mana to be played. You get 2 mana per turn. By the time they get one card on the deck, I'll have 4 low life 1 or 2 mana cards on the mat. Remember, the goal is to get 4 squares. It will be fun to win in 6 turns, with the cheater having only one card on the mat, and wondering what happened! It's all about having a balanced deck, not the most powerful ultra rare deck. You need way more small cards than those ultra rare.

Love the game so far.

Posted at 9:21AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Real Gambler

28. @ Michael -- to register more than one of the same card, you have to toss both (or three) on the mat at the same time. That's how I have so many healing spells =)

Posted at 9:24AM on Oct 26th 2007 by ndoerr

29. Having all the cards does not mean you'll win games against skilled opponents. Assuming PS3Fanboy was correct in its review, the game is well balanced, and therefore skill will win the day (assuming you do more than just buy three booster packs and think that's enough).

I've played a metric buttload of Magic the Gathering, have spent easily over $5000 on cards, and have been playing for almost 13 years. Cards don't make you win, skill makes you win. Anyone can just go drop a few hundred bucks and get every single card.

Posted at 9:37AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Nate

30. The real case here does not nessecarily deal with the cheating aspect. On the contrary the real problem is that is most people just color copy their cards (LAME) then revenue streams for the game are cut off.

The whole idea of this game is to make money off of us card collectors. If no money is made there will not be new editions or new cards. This is a niche game as it is which will not be embraced by many outside of us card players. Therefore is we want this game to be successful and the first of many card games, then we need to buy cards, plain and simple.

Hopefully Sony can get this sorted out so that there is sufficient reason to make expansions and new editions.

Posted at 10:26AM on Oct 26th 2007 by jtedesco33

31. I will be hitting the net in a few weeks, if there are loads of high res scans on there I will get this game if not I wont bother, I dont want to play trials of topqu of what ever after shelling out 70 notes for a cam....

Posted at 10:46AM on Oct 26th 2007 by Benjamizzle

32. Just found this at the PS forums could be BS not sure!

Post as in Link
Everyone that uses fake cards to register an online deck is going to get banned from PSN. You might think you are hot stuff, and nothing will happen to you, but PSN GMs CAN see your deck captures and they WILL ban you for using fake cards online. You are an idiot if you think you will get away with it online.

When you register an online deck with PSN network the screen shot gets uploaded instantly to PSN, and each is attached to your PS3's serial number. I will point out once again that the eye is a "video camera" it is not a sensor. If you put a banana under the camera, you will see a banana on your TV. "Currently" The other player can not see your camera to verify (yet), however PSN can. You are not connecting your PS3 to a dial up modem, it's broadband. There is nothing you can do to stop the PS3 from sending the deck capture to your PSN account. I will note that PSN only keeps captures of your active deck. So if you replace a card from the deck on PSN it will replace that capture with your new card's capture.

If you want to test your luck then go for it, but eventually you will be caught and banned. There are no 2nd chances. My bro works for sony. Specifically in the networking department I wouldn't expect Sony or Wizards to make any official announcements about it unless it actually gets out of hand. They are hoping to chop cheaters off right at the beginning, so they arn't even bothering with a warning. I just don't want people to get banned for "testing" the system. In this case curiosity can lead to headlessness.

Posted at 10:55AM on Oct 26th 2007 by jtedesco33

33. Anyone who didn't think this was going to happen immediately was on crack. Game is a broken idea.

Posted at 12:02PM on Oct 26th 2007 by Ghaleon

34. @27: I would worry about people using lots of expensive summons during battle. They can sacrifice big-ticket cards to destroy your mana by however many points their card is worth. That throws the balance in their favor. While you're chipping away at them with 1 or 2 mana cards after getting hit with a -5 Feast, they're building mana at a much faster pace.

Posted at 12:14PM on Oct 26th 2007 by Popfrogs

35. This is a gamebreaking announcement. You know EVERYONE will try it whether they admit it or not. As it is, compared to XBox Live it is pretty damn hard to find a good group to play with. This will only make it worse. On the rare occasion that they do catch cheaters, what are they going to do? Ban them? From a free service?

Posted at 12:20PM on Oct 26th 2007 by HektikLyfe

36. On the other hand, I'm sick and tired of being nickle and dimed by the game industry...
So if we think of it this way, "Everyone should have received EVERY card available with their game."
Then it would make sense. The game selects the cards for play and off you go. If everyone is on the same playing level then that makes it fair. A game of chance and strategy to work with "the cards you have been dealt."
So after a moments reflection, I change my stance. EVERYONE SHOULD do it to be fair and we shouldn't be charged extra for a complete package.

Posted at 12:25PM on Oct 26th 2007 by HektikLyfe

37. Ehh, has this even been confirmed to actually work?

Posted at 12:30PM on Oct 26th 2007 by OrganicShadow

38. I don't see this as an issue.

You could do this with pretty much any CCG. And anyways my feelings have always been that CCG's are fundamentally flawed because the person with the best cards is almost guaranteed to win. So let me ask this question...

What's to prevent rich people from just buying 3 of every card ever printed and having an unfair advantage?

At least with EoJ there is a lot more strategy involved and the person with the best cards might not necessarily win.

Posted at 1:13PM on Oct 26th 2007 by Larz

39. There is really nothing Sony/Hasbro can do about this. The cards are basically fancy bar-codes. Unless the PS Eye can detect infra-red or ultra-violet, the only way around this is to use invisible ink not available for home printers or can be scanned. If Hasbro expected a large revenue stream from this game, then they would have put more effort into preventing this. I have a feeling that people that like card games are the kind of people that want to really own these cards and not just paper copies of them so it may all be moot.

Posted at 2:28PM on Oct 26th 2007 by chris.westermann

40. ive said this in other forums but I see this as an actual selling point to the game. i USED to play magic but I couldn't compete with some of my friends' incomes and got tired of them always having the good expensive rares that I couldn't afford. NOW it all depends on your playing skill and deck construction strategy, this is where the focus SHOULD be.... im sure rich collectors who were planning on outbuying their friends will call me a loser but unfortunately for them, we're ALL on an even playing field now :).

Posted at 3:30PM on Oct 26th 2007 by ajefferism