Live and let dry: Hang your dirty laundry at GreenDaily.com
GreenDaily

Video: Capcom unveils Street Fighter 4

In addition to announcing a PS3 version of Lost Planet, Capcom has unveiled a brand new game: Street Fighter 4. Street Fighter 4, as you've guessed, is a brand new iteration to the classic Capcom fighting series - the first new Street Fighter in ten years. The game is over a year away, and no gameplay footage has been shown so far. Capcom's other fighter, Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, has been delayed to 2008 as the team has been trying to reduce lag time on the game's online offerings.

The trailer above doesn't mention which platform(s) it will eventually end up on, but we're going to remain hopeful that Capcom will bring it onto the PS3. We've already watched the trailer multiple times - extreme violence + inky aesthetic = guaranteed repeat watching.

1. i'm sick of fighting games like that, i havent enjoyed one in at least 10 yrs.

Posted at 1:04PM on Oct 17th 2007 by gumby

2. wow, that is one of the sweetest trailers i've seen...especially for a fighting game.

wasn't too big on fighting games in general. but if they made the game look like that that'd be siiick

Posted at 1:05PM on Oct 17th 2007 by R0n1n35

3. it would be smart if capcom made this a ps3 exclusive.

Posted at 1:13PM on Oct 17th 2007 by B1ooDshOt

4. so will there be more capcom news by the end of the week, or is that it?

Posted at 1:15PM on Oct 17th 2007 by lenny0487

5. I sincerly hope that Street Fighter IV does for online fighting games, what Street Fighter II did for Arcade Fighting. Since the arcades are dead, or near death... at least in America... I'd like to see this game resurrect fighting games and make it something fun to do online.

Just for Gods sake Capcom, get some cool voice to announce the Rounds, not some annoying Japan happy voice like you did for some of the Versus series. After playing some Unreal Tournament 3, just do what they did, and get the voice of Optimus Prime. Also get the original Street Fighter 2 musician to make some memorable tunes. Fighting game music hasn't been exactly memorable since Street Fighter 2.... Well you know what... I find the original Killer Instinct music memorable... still it's been a while since fighting games had memorable themes.

Posted at 1:16PM on Oct 17th 2007 by comtar

6. Man, I am really not gonna buy any more capcom games.

Posted at 1:35PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Luke

7. 0.o whats this you can counter throws now? maybe maybe not

Posted at 1:35PM on Oct 17th 2007 by MYPS3KilledMy360

8. I'm seriously pumped about this game. Just so long as it isn't done by the Udon guys I will be happy. I want to see the same team of artists from Street Fighter III: Third Strike, combined with the game mechanics from MVC2.

@Comtar

There has been plenty of memorable music in fighting games of recent. I think that all of the SFIII:TS was great; and although annoying 90% of the time, MVC2 had some rather memorable music. The uber-annoying, "Gunna Take You for a Ride," song in specific is ingrained in my mind.

Posted at 1:36PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Wonderflex

9. Fcuk it...I am man enough to step up and say that this news has impressed me. But Crapcom isn't out of the clear yet...I would like to know if its still gonna be 2D and coming to the PS3 (with online play ofcourse)..and if it is, THEN! I will be truely won over. So thats one down off my list of games Crapcom needs to release to fully win me over. All that are left are Breath of Fire 6, Power Stone 3, a new Onimusha, Chaos Legion 2...and if possible a Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Posted at 1:36PM on Oct 17th 2007 by RagingStormX

10. @RagingStormX

I would love to see a MVC3 also, but Capcom lost the rights to Marvel games to EA. So, it looks like we'll be stuck in a land of dreams for some time to come.

Wonderful dreams, just like the chance of getting to play Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK. Oh, how wonderful that would be.

Posted at 1:50PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Wonderflex

11. @8 Please don't use acronyms just say what you mean so people can understand you

Posted at 1:51PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Azza

12. @RagingStormX

Man, you are really easily won over.

Capcom could probably do nothing to win me over now.

They might could start by making DMC4 exclusive to sony again. That might be a start. other than that they can go to H***,

Posted at 1:52PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Luke

13. Wow, thanks Capcom! Your bringing us ports of games your developing on other platforms. From my experience most PS3 ports are lousy and are generally an afterthought, developed first for the Xbox360 then hacked to work on the PS3 (i.e. like anything by EA). I thought Capcom was going to excite PS3 owners with perhaps an exclusive title. I guess Sony should slip Capcom a few more bucks for a few more exclusive titles, or at least to hang on to announced titles that slip away to the Wii of all things.

Posted at 1:52PM on Oct 17th 2007 by chris.westermann

14. I pray to god Capcom will get out of the 2D world from 1992. If this game is full blown 3D fighter like Dead or Alive and Tekken,I will cream my pants and buy it immediately.

Hopefully it'll be a PS3 exclusive,but from Capcom,I wouldnt hold my breath. I don't expect much from them.

Maybe they patronize us even more and port the Resident Evil remake to the PS3.

Posted at 1:55PM on Oct 17th 2007 by OTAM

15. Erm, why does Ryu look like... a rejected GeOW character? :/ The intro basically ripped off the SFII anime from years ago, the fight between Ryu and Sagat at the start. It still looked pretty good though, hope they improve the character design and bring the gameplay somewhere near the level of a Guilty Gear game, I'll get it just to see a Next Gen Psycho Crusher!

Posted at 1:56PM on Oct 17th 2007 by ClarkyCat

16. I hope it will really be in 3D, with not too exaggerated cell-shading and clever cinematic effects.

Add to that subtle innovations like those in SFIII, and it will rock.

If the gameplay graphics are such that it ends up close to the teaser, it will rule.

Posted at 1:59PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Bored

17. @Azaa - Street Fighter has a cult-like following, and there has always been acronyms used by it's players.

Seriously, would you want us to say, "Capcom vs. SNK: Millionaire Fighting 2001," or, "Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack?"

Don't worry, all of us who play in the EVO tournament series wish that Capcom used a real numbering of naming system too, because when there are 3 different Street Fighter III games it get's a little bit annoying.

So, in conclusion, acronyms are common for Street Fighter fans, and almost have to be used.

Posted at 2:05PM on Oct 17th 2007 by Wonderflex

18. Still dont understand why everyone here hates Capcom.
So they've done a few things to mess up. Whatever, I still enjoy their games.
But thats just me.

Posted at 2:16PM on Oct 17th 2007 by dancingtosirens

19. I hope Ken's son is in it... Mel is his name i believe.

Posted at 2:42PM on Oct 17th 2007 by shase

20. I will only buy this if Capcom steps out of the 2D world from 1992. If this game comes out and is full blown 3D fighting like Dead or Alive and Virtual Fighter,I will shit myself.

Posted at 2:42PM on Oct 17th 2007 by OTAM