Your planet is calling! Answer it at GreenDaily

Firmware update 1.92 released [Update]

The latest firmware update is now available and, sadly, everyone hoping for the legendary 2.00 release is going to be disappointed. 1.92 hit sometime late last night and adds a nice selection of new features/fixes, even though an official release list has yet to be revealed. We're hoping to see a post on the PlayStation.Blog regarding what exactly is new at some point today. We would quite like to know where exactly 1.91 went too, but that's really neither here nor there.

[Update: Patrick Seybold clarifies: "This update focuses on some PS3 compatibility and playability issues for select titles."]

1. 1st! woot.

not that great of an update. but whatever.

Posted at 5:36AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Brandon H.

2. I'd be wary of this update. I just did it and now my internet browser isn't working and I can't access the PS store...but I can log into PSN fine. A lot of others on forums and people I know are having varying issues after the update too. Although others' are working fine...

Just wait until Sony announce a fix or release another update.

Posted at 6:21AM on Sep 4th 2007 by kalsey

3. Regards to my other post #3...

There is a fix. Go to your internet browser > Press triangle > go to tools > delete cache. I just tried this and it fixes the problem perfectly.

Posted at 6:36AM on Sep 4th 2007 by kalsey

4. These numbers like 1.91 and 1.92 are just numbers of the builds. It doesn't necessarily mean that the public gets to see every internal build. When lot of features get added there usually is a bigger jump than small ones like these.

Posted at 6:49AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Egster

5. What they need:

- Xvid/Divx support.
- Keyboard+mouse support for all future FPS (not firmware related).
- Shoutcast support
- Video editing suite for use with DV cameras. Make use of the Cell and SPE's already!
- Skype: forget a Sony walled garden client we want open communication! Heck, I'd buy another PS3 for my family back home also.

Posted at 7:09AM on Sep 4th 2007 by ssway

6. I heard from another message board that there will be improved sixaxis controls that work better with Lair. Not that I've had any problems controlling Lair, which is one of the best games I've ever played. Do not button mash, be smart about how you control your dragon, and it'll be smooth and insanely fun. The graphics and story are amazing.

Posted at 7:11AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Brian Spence

7. @Brian Spence

Which model PS3 you have and when did you buy it?

I'm curious if you got a newer SixAxis or one of the launch units. Just curious as it would either add weight to something I noticed or disappear it.

Posted at 7:19AM on Sep 4th 2007 by railven

8. To #7 -

No amount of firmware updates can fix Lair, unless the firmware update came with A NEW GAME.

Man, I really wish they would work on letting us send/answer messages while in games. I also have a 360, so the lack of that feature is hard to swallow.

Posted at 7:23AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Ithilis

9. I'm glad they finally got the controllers to auto shutoff...

Posted at 7:23AM on Sep 4th 2007 by SlyTheBoss

10. The official note is up (link below), but doesn't say much. Basically just backwards comp. stuff for US PS3's (those with the emulation chip).

Posted at 7:23AM on Sep 4th 2007 by jarnsater

11. Flash backgrounds? Maybe this has to do with the locoroco interactive screensaver... set it as your background and interact with it using the motion controlls (you can still use the normal controls for navigation).

Posted at 7:27AM on Sep 4th 2007 by phattie

12. I think the PS3's hyper visor has been updated.

Before: CPU's were listed as running at 1.6ghz
After: CPU's now listed as running at 3.192ghz

Posted at 7:49AM on Sep 4th 2007 by andyakadum

13. For you n00bs: The hyper-visor is the "virtual machine" linux is run in.

Posted at 7:50AM on Sep 4th 2007 by andyakadum

14. WTH! (that's heck, not the hockey sticks 'H' word)
I just updated, couldn't get onto my browser or PSN store, reset my router, managed to get online for Resistance and Folding, but still can't access the browser or store.
The store was giving me problems yesterday, too. What da dealio?

Posted at 8:01AM on Sep 4th 2007 by ElLobo

15. Customization of wallpaper/indicatory font (theme setting)

* XMB™(the cross media bar) it reached the point where the picture can be indicated in the background. In addition, it reached™the point where the indicatory font on XMB can be modified.
* [ At the time of message compilation of the friend ], it reached the point where picture letter can be input.
* When connecting the USB keyboard, it reached the point where letter can be input into input form of the Web page directly.
* It corresponded to the rise sampling output of music CD.

The other functions which are renewed with version 1.90

* Whole
o [ The disk to remove ] it added to the option menu of the disk.
o When modifying the idea contest of the file and the folder, [it reachedthe point where folder classification ] can be chosen.
* Setting
o [ [ BD 1080p 24Hz outputof BD/DVD setting ] (HDMI)] with [ it reached the point where entrance ] can be chosen.
o [ [ At music CD outputfrequency ] of musicsetting ] [ it reached the point where 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz ] can be chosen.
o [ [ With bit mapping ]of musicsetting ] [ it reached the point where type 2 ] can be chosen.
* Video
o [ Picture quality adjustment ] of the operation panel [was modified in imageaudio setting ].
o It reached™the point where the memory stick and animated picture of the AVCHD type which is retainedin the hard disk of the digital videocamera can be played back.
o It reached the point which in the record media and when playing back the animated picture file which is retained in the hard disk, [ slow (returns and ) ], [ scene to reset ] can do operation.
* Game
o While the playing®of PlayStation and the PlayStation 2 standard software,it reached the point whereoutput setting can be modified.
o It arranged the game which is retained inthe hard disk and it reachedthe point where it is applied.
* Network
o [ The file ] of Internet browser in the menu, [ ahead linking addition ] was added to the book mark.
o [ Browser security ] was added [ tothe tool ]of Internet browser.

* Friend
o When indicating (繧「繝舌ち繝シ) in the AV kyat, the (繧「) butter reacting to sound, it reached the point where it moves.
* In addition
o PlayStation of the part in PS3 and operational status of the PlayStation 2 standard software were renewed. You can verify up-to-date operationalstatus with .
o About the automatic restoration function of information of setting

Posted at 8:01AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Kyle Peabody

16. Online translators fail.

Posted at 8:50AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Egster

17. Really happy to hear about auto-shutoff controllers. Hate it when I leave my PS3 folding and it kills my controller. Now that you can set folding to auto-start after a while and controllers to auto-shut off, I can just turn off my TV and let the software take care of itself, and that's as it should be.

Posted at 9:10AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Nate

18. as long as warhawk still works im happy

Posted at 9:56AM on Sep 4th 2007 by GRANTED

19. What file format are flash backrounds in?

Posted at 10:23AM on Sep 4th 2007 by Andy

20. Ummm....

-My controllers have always auto shut off after a while of not using. Normally during a movie or if I pause a game and am fighting with my girlfriend. No, they were not out of juice either, as I turned them backed on and checked to see full bars.

-What the hell is a flash wallpaper? Are they talking about stuff similar to the default background? If so then cool, but at the same time that would mean that the user-created ones would probably look crappy compared to a Sony made wall.

Posted at 10:26AM on Sep 4th 2007 by OrganicShadow