- PS1 titles, now playable on PS3. 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot®, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto®, Jumping Flash™, MediEvil™, Rally Cross™, Syphon Filter®, Tekken®2 and WipeOut® are all available for only $5.99. Players that previously purchased these games for PSP will be able to download these updated files at no additional charge. For reviews of all these games, visit PSP Fanboy and read their Retro Reviews.
- Super Rub a Dub starter pack & full game. Get a free taste of Sony's quirky motion-sensing duck game. Addicts can get the full game for only $7.
- Gauntlet II full game. The retro classic is back for only $5.
- Game Trailers: Super Stardust HD, Rampart, BlackSite: Area 51
- Movie Trailers: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Massive PS Store update includes PS1 games, Super Rub a Dub, and more
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. ooh.. Destruction Derby FTW.
Posted at 2:18PM on May 3rd 2007 by Matt B
3. Is that 5.99 per game for for all of them?
Posted at 2:19PM on May 3rd 2007 by Matt B
4. I'm definatly gonna be playing some Gauntlet, anyone care to join?
Posted at 2:28PM on May 3rd 2007 by Tyler
5. where is the gran turismo movie!!!!!????
Posted at 2:29PM on May 3rd 2007 by stockstar1138
6. When are the PS cards comming. I don't want to give up my CC #.
Posted at 2:46PM on May 3rd 2007 by Maxx
7. apparently if you signed up for the HOME beta, it was in your store.
it wasnt in mine.
Posted at 2:48PM on May 3rd 2007 by antec
8. Question for PS3 AND PSP owners.
Before PS3 launch there was some news about PSN downloads being able to be shared with up to 4 or 5 other PS3 users or PSP users (ie...save to Memory Stick and you could bring it with you and leave it there or something....)
Did this ever happen?
I'd like to get the games for PSP but don't have the PS3 yet so I'm wondering if I got someone to download on their PS3 could they then give me the file?
Sorry...very noobish question perhaps.
Posted at 2:48PM on May 3rd 2007 by Colin
9. That sounds like an awesome idea Anthony. Let us know the name of your blog when its up and running.
Posted at 3:04PM on May 3rd 2007 by Colin
10. Anthony...you do know you can set up a US account right?
Posted at 3:09PM on May 3rd 2007 by Colin
11. Doesn't look like there's much that's appealing here. I'm not one of those people who feels that a couple of trailers and the same LAME PS1 games are a "sweet update".
Posted at 3:19PM on May 3rd 2007 by Stef Geiger
12. Well, I'll be getting ps3 versions of Jumping Flash and Destruction Derby since I've already bought them. Probably grab Wipeout as well, I always loved that game, and there isn't better version available yet, unlike on the psp itself.
Gauntlet II... is a maybe. I remember it being a lot of fun, but then again I also remember Casa Bonita being a great restaurant. Some things are best left as memories.
Now... how about some more game demos? Ninja Gaiden was a great start, if we got something like that every other week or so to start...
Posted at 4:18PM on May 3rd 2007 by mccomber
13. @ #8,
I think the way they do that is by signing in to your PSN account on any of your friends PS3's and downloading it to their system from there. I don't think they'll allow you to save their game file and travel around with it giving it out.
That would take pirating to a whole new level.
Posted at 4:35PM on May 3rd 2007 by Justin
14. I've made a US account and i'm in the UK, and all the demos and stuff work, i'm just wondering will the Playstation 1 games work on my UK ps3? Argh but then i'll need an American credit card?
DAMN IT I REALLY WANNA PLAY WIPEOUT. I got the sequel, wipeout 2097 and it was AWFUL, always loved the original though. Guess i'll wait for the European release.
Posted at 4:41PM on May 3rd 2007 by Naaiif
15. whens the european store gonna get the ps1 games
Posted at 5:00PM on May 3rd 2007 by warwog
16. @11, I don’t think that NTSC/US PS1 games will work on a European PAL system. Plus, you need a US credit card to be able to purchase.
I’m having the same problem in Japan, I do have an address and an account, but I don’t have a Japanese credit card and I don’t aspire to get one either. So I would love it if I could buy ‘PS money cards’ in shops here before I leave.
That said, given that some PAL games don’t work on my JAP system unless you have HDTV (e.g. that Tekken 5 download that I spent money on), it’s already not as ‘universal’ as they promised it to be. In the end, they still put up quite a number of barriers and inconveniences for people who happen to move to a different continent at some point.
Posted at 5:01PM on May 3rd 2007 by Laurens Holst
17. Yes dean...
I'm not trying to bootleg ... I just want my PS1 without hacking and without the PS3 for now...
Anyone know of a clear tutorial?
Posted at 6:12PM on May 3rd 2007 by Colin
18. RELEASE ALL THAT IN EUROPE!!!!
Sorry, I'm just pissed.
Posted at 6:54PM on May 3rd 2007 by Bored
19. yoon posts on ps3 fanboy as well as psp fanboy...
Posted at 7:41PM on May 3rd 2007 by matjet
20. I just wish Sony would start releasing all the same stuff worldwide at the same time now that the console is everywhere.
I keep reading about all this great content on the other stores and in the UK we haven't seen an update for weeks.
And then there's the interview with Sony where that woman said their "goal was to release new content every Thursday" - that just rubs salt in the wounds. Every Thursday goes by without adding any content in the UK...
Posted at 5:11AM on May 4th 2007 by Shinobi
1. you forgot the super rub a dub demo. but that game isnt that good. and im glad i can finally start buying the PS1 games. i only have a 32 MB memory card for PSP so i couldnt yet.
Posted at 1:53PM on May 3rd 2007 by sean