Burnout 5 using HD Eye Toy
Criterion's director of design, Alex Ward, talked about the direction being taken for the game: "How you use the controller is key, how you play the game online, how you use the HD Eye Toy and the 360 Vision Camera online is really important." Hmm, we have no idea what to expect. Will they somehow transpose you into the driver's seat for online distribution/replays? That'd be... weird. But we can't really think of any other use with such limited knowledge of 1) the game and 2) the HD Eye Toy. Can you think of anything?
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. Definitely wouldn't be to add you as a driver inside the car - that'd make the crashes extremely graphic and push the game's rating to at least Teen.
Posted at 4:01PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Stef Geiger
3. First PS3 game with microtransactions...you pull the credit card from your pocket and the HD camera scans the card number and signature and bills you accordingly.
Posted at 5:01PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Colin
4. Has he actually SEEN the HDEyetoy? We haven't heard anything about it in ages. Considering Burnout 5 is suppose to come out in a couple months, you'd think we'd at least have seen a blurry picture of the HDEyetoy by now.
I've been putting off buying a logitech webcam to see what the price/stats of the HDEyetoy is. But I'm getting impatient!
Posted at 5:10PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Colin
5. In a threespeech interview Phil mentions the HD Eyetoy as recently as Mar 16 as 'coming soon'...
Also, in the beyon3d forums claimed EA staff say they are working with it already...
Posted at 5:41PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Colin
6. we could be pedestrians that try not to get run over :D
Posted at 5:47PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Dreadhead541
Posted at 6:37PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Ed,
8. Hrrm, I knew about the Harrison quote but not the EA claim. Good to know!
Posted at 7:12PM on Mar 28th 2007 by Colin
Posted at 7:43AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Andrew Baisden
Posted at 3:49PM on Mar 29th 2007 by Van
11. One use will be to take pictures for your drivers license
Posted at 12:44AM on Mar 30th 2007 by ryeclifton
1. I'm kind of expecting it to be something as simple as when you send someone flying over the edge of a mountain, a little box will pop up and show you their look of despair.
Posted at 3:41PM on Mar 28th 2007 by deathtrap