Aisledash: Everything you need to know about the best day of your life | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

What's new in the PS Store? Lots.

After peeling myself away from reading Homer's The Odyssey and completing a research paper in a Marketing course (the subject was Electronic Gaming Monthly, actually), I recalled that I had yet to announce all the new goodies available on the PlayStation Network. Many of you may know this by now, but we're going to tell you nonetheless.

First up, that long-awaited PSP-gone-PS3 title, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is up and waiting for your $19.99... and you know what? It's games like these that really show the power of the PlayStation Network -- downloading a full game, with tons of little extras, and load times that make the PSP cry. Seriously, battles are nigh instantaneous. Also available now is a behind the scenes look at MotorStorm. Not really sure why you'd go for that, but if you just can't get enough of motors or of storms, it's probably extremely interesting to see how it all came together. Personally, I'll have to pass. Excited for MotorStorm, but not that excited. There's also a Ridge Racer 7 demo and a trailer for the Nancy Drew movie. Well, hope you guys are enjoying your PS3's! I've noticed a lot more people online a lot more often the past week. Glad to see it!

1. Ok, Yes I'm happy that I could FINALLY DL this game!! But let's get to what I don't like......the game looks terrible(Concidering that it's supposed to be an Arcade Port) and where are the FMV's?? They took them out to make the DL small..WTF!! If your a Tekken fan then you expect to see High Quality Ending Movies!! The opening is way short and is it me or does it feel like the control is a little laggy??

Posted at 8:28PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Mr BoomStick XL

2. Ok, Yes I'm happy that I could FINALLY DL this game!! But let's get to what I don't like......the game looks terrible(Concidering that it's supposed to be an Arcade Port) and where are the FMV's?? They took them out to make the DL small..WTF!! If your a Tekken fan then you expect to see High Quality Ending Movies!! The opening is way short and is it me or does it feel like the control is a little laggy??

Posted at 8:29PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Mr BoomStick XL

3. Let's not forget that it costs $20.00 and not the $15.00 that Japan paid for it....WHY??

Posted at 8:29PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Mr BoomStick XL

4. I think the game looks great, ESPECIALLY compared to the arcade one. Have you ever actually seen the arcade version? Doesn't look nearly as hot and definitely wasn't at 1080p. I'm not saying its VF5 hot, but its sharp, crisp and lightning fast.

The FMVs were removed to make it a smaller download. Personally, I'd rather download the core game at 555 MB, as oppossed to downloading the game+FMVs at 5-6GBs. Plus, you can download the trailers through the game, so you can grab the ones you want.

No idea what you're talking about when you say the controls are laggy either. I've put dozens of hours into the PS2 version of Tekken 5, and probably a hundred hours into the psp version of Tekken 5:DR, and have played the PS3 version extensively as well (probably 10-20 hours). And neither my friends nor I have seen any kind of lag in the controls. Exact opposite actually.

And it costs 20 here because of exchange rate differences. It cost about 16.80 when I bought the japanese version, it's never actually been 15 dollars. So the couple dollars difference is just flucuation between markets exchange rates (i.e., the different prices for the PS3 in japan, america, and europe).

-Colin

Posted at 8:47PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Colin

5. Hate to state the obvious but uhm it's an arcade port and the arcade versions of Tekken don't have ending FMVs.

Besides that if they gave those to you for the price of 20 bucks what would get people to buy the PSP Version at a slightly higher price.

The controls don't lag and the battles are fast. The only sore spot is Jinpanchi. I don't think he's ever been so cheap he def. wasn't in Tekken 5 or DR (PsP).

This just proves I guess you can't please everyone, some people are only happy when they are complaining.

Posted at 9:15PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Aerostratos

6. I am very happy with Tekken 5 DR, it is definitely my new favorite game on the PS3 (until next week anyway).

As an old Tekken player I think this version is great, and when 6 comes out I will buy that as well.

The Motorstorm video is to tide us over for the 3 days left till release!

Posted at 10:09PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by Jiffylush

7. Actually the FMV endings are there. Whatever character you finished the game withs FMV ending can be bought in the "Gallery" for 30,00 gold. Which you should have by the time you finished the game. It simply downloads the ending per character you complete the game with. Very smart way of doing it. And saves a hell of a lot of time with the inital install/download.

Posted at 11:34PM on Mar 2nd 2007 by topper

8. The control on this game seemed laggy to me too. My controller also stopped responding on Resistance:FoM for about 5 seconds randomly. I took someone else's advice and used the small resit button on the back and the controls have been quick and responsive since. Hope this helps.

BTW I did a side by side comparison and the game looks WAY better (in 720p) than Tekken 5 (in 480p) on my PS2.

The game is lagging some features from the first one that I miss...Practice mode, Training Mode, Story mode are gone or maybe they are unlockable? (doubt it) Also, it doesn't show both player 1 and player 2's character controls on same screen anymore.

But I still like it better than VF5 which is $60!!

Posted at 2:09AM on Mar 3rd 2007 by donnie

9. Just a quick note -- I don't think its fair to praise this game for quick load times. You're not playing it from an optical disc. Fast loads from a HDD should be expected to be quick. Sony just left us all in the dust with these new proprietary optical formats. I prefer to stick with my DS and Wii.

Posted at 8:09AM on Mar 3rd 2007 by Body J Count

10. The only time my controller stops responding is if I aim it too low from the ps3. Be careful as to where you point it, it's not a full radius for sensors.

Posted at 8:18AM on Mar 3rd 2007 by simcha

11. Problem is simcha, you're not really supposed to point your sixaxis AT the ps3 - if I correctly got what you're saying =P

Sixaxis works off bluetooth, and so it shouldn't matter what where you are (except for distance wise - I can't find a single place in this small house of mine where it doesn't work =P I can turn it on from my room, walk downstairs and have it ready to play ahah).

Anyway, downloaded Tekken 5 and am pretty damn excited for it! I haven't got to playing though, cuz schools been a bother these days. =/ Possibly later today.

Posted at 9:31AM on Mar 3rd 2007 by Dahk

12. This isn't the wii simcha, you don't have to be right infront of the TV. Well maybe for the motion controls to work, but who the hell uses that at the moment anyway.

Anyway people complain about the lack of features on this DOWNLOADABLE game, like 1up reviewed it and scratched some points off for the lack of modes and stuff, and that whole mode where you could play previous Tekkens. But tbh, if they made this game with all the features of the ps2 or PSP version then:

1. You'd have to pay the full 60 dollars (or around 30-40 pound over here).
2. If they kept the price the same, then you'd be getting the same game that was on the ps2 and psp, but for a third of the price, but this time it actually looks about 4 times as nice. And this means that the other versions wouldn't sell and effectively Namco would be losing money.

So c'mon guys what do you expect?

Posted at 9:58AM on Mar 3rd 2007 by Naaiif

13. Damn...you got me all excited. I thought there might actually be something worth playing.

Tekken is definitely not going to make me do more than turn the PS3 on once a week to ensure it still works, and then abruptly shut it off and play something else. *sigh* Ninja Gaiden, hurry up!

I might try Ridge Racer 7 demo, just so I can compare it to the Ridge Racer 6 demo on the 360 side-by-side. That way I don't have to buy/rent the same game for both systems to do so. Hmmm...

Posted at 12:17PM on Mar 3rd 2007 by SuicideNinja