Aisledash: Everything you need to know about the best day of your life | Add to My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines

Tekken 6 to get all shaken up

Fans of the Tekken series may find themselves tilting to the moves with the PS3's motion-sensing controller. Imagine being able to shake your fighter out of submission when put in a hold. That's the kind of application producer Katsuhiro Harada has in mind for the new installment.

A lot of the characters that were shown off at E3 are still in development, and hopefully the different uses for the new controller are too. When you think about the motion-sensing controller, driving and other simulation titles jump to mind. But a fighting game like Tekken 6 could easily take advantage of the technology too (say, for jumping perhaps?). What are some other potential applications would you like to see here?

1. wow, please...don't fuck up video games for me, just let it be.

Posted at 2:39PM on May 26th 2006 by adam

2. God no, don't add the tilt function on Tekken, don't ruin the franchise even more, ughh, i'm a sony fanboy and all but tilting on a fighting game? No, just leave it to flying games/ car games ONLY!!
PLEASE!

Posted at 2:58PM on May 26th 2006 by Leather face

3. I can think of alot of apllications for the controller in Tekken, but mostly I'm just hoping that you can decide to use, or not. My girlfriend would love those sorts of features (as she already jerks the controller around in a button-mashing frenzy when playing tekken). But I personally would love to just turn it off so I don't have shake the controller violently just to get out of a hold.

Posted at 3:07PM on May 26th 2006 by jfc

4. Agreed, leave the wii to the wii...
Mayyyybe flight sim stuff, and wacky katamari-esque games, but that's as far as i go with this feature.

Posted at 5:06PM on May 26th 2006 by Sonn

5. Hmm, and playing a fighting game without rumble just wouldn't feel right...?

Posted at 6:23PM on May 26th 2006 by Scapegoat

6. I think this is kind of cool. I know when I am in a hold on a fighting game I violently shake the controller anyways. Now at least it will do some thing. Way better than mashing a bunch of buttons. I really hope the PS3 dose not suck trying not to get my hopes up to much tried that for 360 and was a major let down.

Posted at 8:51PM on May 26th 2006 by Prize Fighter Inferno

7. I think sony shouldn't have adapted the motion sensing technology, playstation has games that are to be played with a normal control, motion sensing might ruin them or make them harder to play. As for nintendo is ok if they're planning on doin that fishing game, etc...

Posted at 1:33AM on May 27th 2006 by Perron

8. Well i've always been a fan of tekken (i have owned every tekken game) and i no it sounds cliche, why change a winning formula? if somebody told me way back when tekken 4 came out for the ps2 that one day the rumble feature would be replaced with motion control stuff, i think i would have punched the guy in the face.

All i can do is pray that you have the option to turn it off....and hope that sony will put the rumble feature back in....

Posted at 7:31AM on May 27th 2006 by ollyjim

9. "Innovation" is always good. Anyway, even if I'm not such a big fan of FPS, whenever I play one with the PS3 controller, I'd like to move it as if I was moving the gun (to hit a bad guy with it).

Posted at 11:15AM on May 27th 2006 by boots (former bd)

10. boots, was it you on Joystiq that said this, or was someone using your account??

9. I wish gears of war would come out on PS3 too, it looks stunning, graphically and gameplay wise. instead we get MGS4 which isnt even online - I may yet get a 360, Prey, KOTOR 3, Fable 2, Halo 3, Gears of war, Oblivion, GRAW, Bioshock, Splinter cell double agent, much better lienup than wat sony has 2 offer. if only i didnt have a minimum wage paid job, i wud be able to afford the greatness of both consoles (xbox 360 and wii)

Posted at 2:47PM on May 26th 2006 by boots (former bd) -1 stars

The only reason I ask is it doesn't sound like you, but if it is, then cool.

Posted at 12:02AM on May 28th 2006 by The Guru

11. Ad this to the Rumor/Speculation Mill

I mean come on this is just crap news...this merely come from a query made tot he Tekken Devs on what they thought about the tilt feature and the possiblities of it with Tekken.

No that it will be or was planned to be.

Take this with a pinch of salt...especially since it news coming from Media articles and Blogs. There business is "NEWS" not information.

Posted at 12:10PM on May 28th 2006 by Cyrix_0

12. I hate to be responding to this because it's off topic, but oh well. At least you are not "Cage".

"boots, was it you on Joystiq that said this, or was someone using your account??

Posted at 2:47PM on May 26th 2006 by boots (former bd) -1 stars"

The only reason I ask is it doesn't sound like you, but if it is, then cool. "

Just for curiosity, could you tell me where you found this? This is not me. Some jackass with a negative star used my nickname to post.

"if only i didnt have a minimum wage paid job, i wud be able to afford the greatness of both consoles (xbox 360 and wii)"

What kind of retard writes like that while trying to impersonate me? I've always stated that I'm definitely getting a Wii and a PS3, and most likely a 360. But I'm not very excited for "online play" as I'm excited for single player offline play. Most of the games he mentioned are ones that I'm not looking forward to (GRAW? Splinter Cell? Who cares?). Oh, and "BioShock" is coming to PS3 too.

If I want Gears of War, I will just get the 360. It's not the title I want the most, but if I already have a 360, a dozen titles, and it already has budget price, then I might get it. And not because I earn the minimum wage (lol), but because I'm not a fan of Sci-Fi shooters (given that I used to play those a lot).

And just to be on topic, yeah, something about Tekken 6.

Posted at 11:38AM on May 30th 2006 by boots

13. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/26/gears-of-war-the-box/

Post 9

I thought that it didn't sound like you at all, so I just wanted to let you know that someone was probably using your name, becuase that would piss me off, as it probably did you.

Just wanted to let you know.

Posted at 11:43PM on May 30th 2006 by The Guru

14. Thanks Guru. And if you go to:

"http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2006/05/29/gates-on-ps3-controller-not-mainstream-for-most-games/1#c1566140"

You can see how I also "suck cock".

The worst thing is that this is done by people that shouldn't be in a PS3 site in the first place.

Posted at 12:22PM on May 31st 2006 by boots

15. I hate immaturity. I think there should be an IP ban for whomever is doing that.

Posted at 3:52PM on May 31st 2006 by The Guru